Ah -- OK, I saw your comment above about the inline/block mode, but didn't
fully grasp the signficance of the whitespace.  I also *thought* I had
clean syntax there and didn't realize I had the extra spaces after one of
my entries.  Taking that out cleared that up, thanks.

I've been a bit frustrated as I've tried to dig through the various
examples -- trying to determine which things correspond to
TiddlyWikiClassic, which to TW5, and which things only make sense in the
TiddlySpace context.  I'm slowly piecing it together, but wish there was a
cleaner place for searching out some of these questions.  I do also wish
the TiddlyWiki IRC channel was a bit more active, or that there was some
other open chat area that was a good place to post quick questions in a
more interactive venue.

Thank you for responding to this dumb question so quickly!
bob