> The tags/SideBar trick, however, did not work. See
> http://giffmex.org/builditright.html and you will see I adjusted the list
> of that tiddler, with no change on the order of the tabs.

Hi Dave

What you're seeing is caused by the filter expression for the sidebar tabs
being this:

[is[shadow]!has[draft.of]tag[$:/tags/SideBar]]
[!is[shadow]!has[draft.of]tag[$:/tags/SideBar]]

As you can see, the filter separately considers shadow and non shadow
tiddlers. The problem is that you've got a mix of shadow and non-shadow
tiddlers making up your tabs. They are sorted separately according to the
list in $:/tags/SideBar, and then the two sublists are jammed together,
rather than being merged.

The quick fix is to make sure that the tiddlers for all your tabs are
proper, non-shadow tiddlers.

Best wishes

Jeremy

--