Hi Josh

Thank you, however I am still having some issues... Is a skeleton tiddler
> simply a new tiddler with no title no content and no tags?

No, a skeleton tiddler can be any tiddler; clicking the associated "new"
button makes a clone of the skeleton tiddler with a new title.

I created a new tiddler, removed the default title and content and then
> tagged it with "Task" however the button just creates a new tiddler, and it
> doesn't have the task tag.
>
> Sorry I am very new to creating buttons and being so new I know I am doing
> something wrong but don't know what?
>
> Also is it possible to have this New Task Button sit next to the New
> Tiddler button with the green + Plus Sign? Rather than having the button
> within a tiddler where I have to keep open the Task Tiddler or open it
> every time I wanted to create a task.

At the moment you could only do that by hacking the page template. Have a
look at Ton Gerner's example here, where he puts various buttons in the top
bar:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2638511/TW5_Test.htm

Best wishes

Jeremy