Hi Bob

Yes, the idea is to support simple string and number expressions. I'm
trying to go as far as I can without it though, and consider it a bit of a
success to have got this far without it.

Right now you can create a custom JS macro with any operations you need.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM, Bob Robison <rwrobi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, here is what I think I know:
>
> a macro is used for simple text substitution, ala C pre-processor, and is
> created with the \define syntax.
>
> a widget is 'a ball of magic functionality' written in JS, and
> called/accessed via <$name arg1 arg2> syntax.
>
> Double curly braces are used to transclude a single tiddler, or to access
> a piece of data from a Data TIddler, like this: {{TiddlerName##DataItem}}
>
> Triple curly braces are used to transclude a filter that selects multiple
> tiddlers, like: {{{tag[mechanism]}}}
>
> But, is there a way (or a planned way) to support a syntax that allows
> simple mathematical formulas -- (or to access inline javascript to do so?)
> to maybe combine elements that have been accessed from DataTiddlers?  i.e.
> for some CSS tiddlers in themes, we access the individual data elements
> like {{MetricsTiddler##Param1}} -- but occasionally it would be useful to
> do some simple math (add, subtract, multiply) on a couple of parameters (if
> interpreted numerically).  Is this likely possible?
>
> bob
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com