Hi Jerry

A lot of the more complex discussion is around customising TiddlyWiki5.
>From my experience, the vast majority of users of TW Classic and
TiddlyWiki5 don't actually customise it at all, and just use the core
feature set. And of course as Ton says, TW5 is under particularly intense
development, and of course the development itself will always be fairly
complex.

For me personally, the driver for creating TiddlyWiki is to serve the needs
of ordinary users, and I'm aiming with TW5 to make it as easy as possible
for everyone to use it.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Ton Gerner <ton.ger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> I should say: Just start using it, that is the best way to learn.
> If you can enter text, add tags, and can save it, you know the basic
> functionality of TW5 and you can use it as a personal notebook.
> Dave Gifford's mall [1] gives practical information for newbies.
> The documentation at http://five.tiddlywiki.com/ will become better and
> better.
> Follow this group posts and you will learn a lot. At the moment there are
> many "technical" questions since Jeremy has done a 'refactoring' and many
> special things have changed.
> If you have any questions, just post them here.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ton
>
> [1] http://www.giffmex.org/tw5mall.htm
>

> On Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:35:11 PM UTC+1, jqui...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I see from these posts that many highly technical issues about TW are
>> being discussed. Frankly, I do not understand most of what is being said.
>> I was wondering, as a relatively low-tech user, would I be able to use
>> TW5 without having to master all of its intricacies?
>> Put simply, how difficult is it to learn the basic TW5 functionality?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>  --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com