On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:05:25 AM UTC-8, PaulT wrote:

> I'm sure this has been asked before but I must be using the wrong search
> terms.  I want to include a tiddler from another file. This works fine:
> <<tiddler test.html#3>>

Standard TWCore handling for the tiddler macro does NOT support external
file references.  To use the syntax you indicated, you need a plugin, such
as:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ExternalTiddlersPlugin

But I want to link to a file in another folder, in the same file structure
> (Win7). This doesn't work
> <<../test.html#3>>

I assume that in the example above, you meant to use [[...]] (link syntax),
rather than <<...>> (macro syntax).  Based on that assumption... standard
TWCore handling for tiddler links (e.g., [[somereference]]) always treat
the reference as a simple tiddler name.  Thus, [[../text.html#3]] looks for
a tiddler named "../text.html#3", *not* an external file.

While this does
> [[See 3|../test.html#3]]

Unlike simple tiddler links, TWCore handling for "Pretty Links" allows
either tiddler names OR external file or URL references.  It does this by
checking the specified link against a regular expression (text pattern)
that looks for certain characters or character sequences.  If that link
matches the pattern, it is treated as an external reference.  If the link
does not match the pattern, it is treated as a simple tiddler name.

> So how do I navigate around my tree and pull slices from other files?

Can you elaborate more on your specific use case?

 enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

EVERY DONATION IS IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact