On Sunday, December 8, 2013 8:39:01 AM UTC-8, Anton Aylward wrote:

> PMario said the following on 12/08/2013 10:57 AM:
> > Can you tell us your
> Yes, but what relevance?

TiddlyWiki's direct file I/O functions are browser/platform specific, and
can be affected by variations in configurations.  In any case, when asking
for help, you should ALWAYS provide as much information about the software
environment in which you working, so that other people can understand the
context in which the problems are occurring, and perhaps even *reproduce*
the same setup so they can actually try to debug your problem.  Omitting
this informatino makes it harder for people to help you!

Google-Chrome - Duh, why doens't the 'help' tell whcih version like in
> FF?  Anyway, it current.

Try the "About Google Chrome" menu item that is *directly above* the "help"
menu item!

> * TiddlyWiki <<version>>
> var version = {title: "TiddlyWiki", major: 2, minor: 8, revision: 1,
> date: new Date("June 23, 2013"), extensions: {}};

note: you can get the version number without directly examining/copying
from the TW source file.  Simply open your TW document, create a new
tiddler, and enter "<<version>>".  Press 'done', and you will see the
current TW version number (e.g., "2.8.1")

> I've just tried this with the Konqueror browser and got the same
> results.

Konqueror is a WebKit-based browser.  It does NOT use TiddlyFox (which is
ONLY for FireFox).  WebKit-based browsers do not have any native direct
file I/O functions and rely on an external Java applet, TiddlySaver.jar, to
provide the necessary functions.  To use TW with a WebKit-based browser,
you need to place the TiddlySaver.jar file in the same directory as the TW
document.

My overall feeling is that the common issue is this single
> TiddlyWiki file that I've worked so hard on.  Other Tiddlywiki files are
> OK under the present system and under all three of the browsers I have.
>   Its this one, the one that has all my work in it.

As noted in my other posted response, try creating a new empty text file,
and then, using a text editor, copy/paste the entire old file content into
the new text file and save that.  If there were some file-specific
problems, this should hopefully 'leave them behind' and allow the new file
to be saved properly.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

EVERY DONATION IS IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact