I've been sifting through posts for several hours now and can't quite find
the answer I'm looking for. Since I'm using SinglePageMode when in readOnly
mode, I would like to also hide the tiddler toolbar altogether when in
readOnly mode. I don't even need to give the viewer the options to close
tiddlers.

Can anyone tell me how to do that?

I've seen the options that hide the edit and view commands, but they always
show the close, close others, and sometimes permaview (whatever that is)
options.

Thanks,
The Captain