On Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:16:43 AM UTC+1, Jan wrote:

> Zanes Question reminded me of a question I had for a long time:
>   Is it possible to make certain tiddlers read-only, e.g. those
> necessary to make the whole wiki work?

IMO the default way to "hide" core tiddlers is to tag them with:

excludeLists excludeSearch excludeMissing

- So they are not shown in any "standard" lists.
- They still show up in the right sidebar - "tags" tab under the
"exclude..." tags

To remove the tags
- create a tiddler named: excludeLists  and tag it: excludeLists
excludeSearch excludeMissing
- do the same with: excludeMissing, excludeSearch tiddlers.

The "problem" now is, that those tiddlers are "kind of hard" to open :)
The "solution":
 - use "TiddlerTweakerPlugin" bookmarklet from tiddlytools [1]
 - Drag the TiddlerTweakerPlugin to your browsers "bookmarks bar" and
rename it eg: "TWeaker"
 - opne your "exclude..." TW and klick the button
 - It lists everything. ...

Advantage:
 - You don't need to ship the tiddler tweaker plguin
 - You are able to activate it with your browser, to deal with every
tiddler in your TW.

have fun!
mario

[1] http://tiddlytools.com/#InstantBookmarklets