On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:49:03 PM UTC-8, David Gifford wrote:

> Title says it all

You didn't say if this was for TWC or TW5... so....

in TWC, you can set these values using a configuration tiddler (e.g.
[[zzConfig]]):

config.views.wikified.defaultText="The tiddler '%0' doesn't yet exist.
Double-click to create it";
config.views.editor.defaultText="Type the text for '%0'";

in TW5, the text appears to be hard-coded into the
NavigatorWidget.prototype.handleNewTiddlerEvent function defined in
$:/core/modules/widgets/navigator.js function.  I don't know the proper way
to change this.  I think that *all* user visible text strings need to be
isolated from the code... otherwise, translations of the TW5 Core standard
widgets are going to be problematic.  We'll have to see what Jeremy
thoughts are on the matter.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

EVERY DONATION IS IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact