Hi all, especially Jeremy,

http://tiddlywiki.com/ [1] shows since 5.0.4-beta a favicon (blue cat).
But an empty [2] or full [3] TW5 downloaded from http://tiddlywiki.com/ do
not show that favicon.
I tested this with Windows 7 64-bit, FF v26 and Chrome v31.

Searching in the source of [1], [2] and [3] I find in all cases:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

and

<pre>
base64 image
</pre>

The base 64 image code copied in a tiddler and with type 'image/gif',
'image/jpeg' or 'image/png' shows the "blue cat" favicon (there is no
'image/ico' type in the list!).

[1] and [3] contain a system tiddler $:/favicon.ico (with type
'image/x-icon') but [2] doest not.
N.B. $:/favicon.ico (with type 'image/x-icon') shows as text, not as the
"blue cat".

This brings me to the following questions:

1) Why does [2] not contain $:/favicon.ico?
2) Does this favicon show up with other browsers/OSes and [2] and [3]?
3) Why does that favicon not show up with Win7/FF/Chrome?

Assuming something is not correct and the favicon ought to show up: Is it
possible to use your own icon just by overwriting the $:/favicon.ico
tiddler?

Cheers,

Ton

[1] http://tiddlywiki.com/