Hi NODEGAMRA,

Making TW5 readonly can be done with the Readonly theme available at [1]
Drag the Readonly theme (Sidebar, tab Tools) to your TW, save and reload.
Now you can select the Readonly theme and you see most buttons have
vanished.

Unfortunately to persist in this state you have to save it and that is not
possible anymore!

So there must be a - hidden - save possibility.
One way to go is based on my guide for toolbar buttons [2]. It also hides
the sidebar.

The top menu of this demo [3] contains a 'Save' (left) and a 'Toggle
sidebar with fluid width' (right) button.

At the moment they are white and black when hovering over the buttons.

If the Readonly theme is chosen, the 'Save button' disappears. Therefore a
'Top save' button has been defined that will NOT disappear.

When the 'Toggle sidebar with fluid width' button is clicked, the Sidebar
is hidden and the tiddler width is 100% of the browser screen width.
The colors of the buttons have changed to the background color, also while
hovering over the buttons.

So, you know the buttons are there (and can be used) but are hidden.

Before you publish your FAQ:

# Choose the Readonly theme.
# Set all tabs the way you want it, e.g. switch to the 'Open' tab in the
Sidebar.
# Click the 'Toggle sidebar with fluid width' button to hide the Sidebar
and maximize the tiddler width.
# Click the - hidden - 'Save' button in the top menu.

And there you are.

Cheers,

Ton

[1] http://tiddlywiki.com/