As far as the request for linear documentation and tutorials is concerned,
I would like to put in my humble support for the idea. I consider myself a
medium level user in classic tiddlywiki. I have dabbled into javascript and
tried (successfully) adding some useful functionality into my personal TWs.
I have tried tweaking css and layout also. I thought that after my
background I would be able to pickup TW5 quite easily. But unfortunately
its not so. I haven't been able to figure much about TW5 yet. I am sure
information is out there, but its not available at one place in a linear
fashion.