Hi Jon,

The Viewtemplate comprises 5 shadow tiddlers, the main one
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate adds together all 4 other parts:

$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/tags
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/title

$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle contains:

field="modifier"/></$link> <$view field="modified" format="relativedate"/>

The 4 parts are all tagged with $:/tags/ViewTemplate

If you have a look at $:/tags/ViewTemplate you will see there is a list
field containing all 4 parts in the default order (space separated):

$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/title $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/tags $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body

If you delete $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle from the list, creator and
relative date will disappear (you need to save and reload!)

But, I noticed something strange:

My 'old' TW5s show creator and relative date but my 'newer' ones don't
display creator and relative date although $:/tags/ViewTemplate has
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle in the list!

@Jeremy: any explanation?

Cheers,

Ton