You have another option, which is to start with a to-do-manager version of
TiddlyWiki, like mGSD or dGSD or d3 (sorry I'm a bit out of the loop with
what the best ones are these days, someone will chime in probably). These
are all proper TiddlyWikis that just already have the right plugins
installed to do manage tasks.

If you want to push ahead with your current path, though, give some more
details about the "some error messages".  Or, link us to your TW so we can
have a look.

Cheers
;Daniel