Hi,

I'm trying to create an external link using the $link widget in TW 5.0.15
but I can't get my markup working correctly. I have to admit that I don't
understand why the following code snipped isn't correctly creating a
working external URL.

\define _rfclink(n)
<$link to="http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc$n$"; ><$transclude
field="rfc-title">//untitled RFC document//</$transclude></$link>
\end

and then...

<$set name="rfc" value={{!!rfc-number}}>
<$macrocall $name=_rfclink n=<<rfc>> />
</$set>

I always end up with a local link and the external URL getting banged to
the end of the local URL. From the documentation I would have expected
$link to handle both local and external URLs.

Any help?
Thanks!