Ton,
Just an FYI.
I started with a new empty tiddler of 5.0.17, loaded all the "journal"
tiddlers for new journal button etc.
I made all my changes and checked along the way.
Everything works now with the formats I wanted.  Not sure what the issue
was but it seems OK now.

Thanks again for all your help

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:29:28 PM UTC-4, RickL wrote:

> On Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:25:18 PM UTC-4, RickL wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for taking a look.
>> You are right - the two tiddlers are not identical; at least the text
>> saves in one. A PITA to have to delete one every time.
>>
>> Any other suggestions out there?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:23:41 PM UTC-4, Ton Gerner wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi RickL,
>>>
>>> I tried at http://contactmanager.tiddlyspot.com/
>>>
>>> 1) Open $:/_journal-button
>>> 2) Click  at New journal button
>>> 3) Get a draft tiddler, something like '2014-09-11 19:05:39
>>> 4) Enter some text and save
>>>
>>> Get only 1 tiddler.
>>>

>>> 1) Click at Notes in BigBoss, BigBossNotes opens
>>> 2) Click at New journal button
>>> 3) Get a draft tiddler, something like '140911 Thursday, 6:29 pm '