Thanks BJ,

That approach is worth remembering, but it creates an untitled tiddler with
a link that contains a long absolute file name. By the time I've taken all
the steps to massage it back into a proper tiddler with an appropriate
title, [img] tags, and relative path (the only pathing that makes sense if
you're going to move the TW with the image files between locations) that it
would probably be better to just grab the file name with copy/paste.

I'm pretty sure that Eric had a plugin on the classic TW that would let you
drag in an image and end up with a nice image tiddler ... but maybe I'm
imagining that.

Thanks!
Mark