Hi Richard, Antonio,

It's probably worth a ticket at the katex repo:
https://github.com/Khan/KaTeX/issues

If I post your example: 1+2+3+4+5 \over r+t+y+u   into the testbed at:
http://khan.github.io/KaTeX/  it just renders nothing.

If I have a look with the debug console. I get:  Error: KaTeX parse error:
Expected 'EOF', got '\over' at position 29: 1+2+3+4+5 \over̲ r+t+y+u

So imo this could be posted to the katex issue list. So they should take
care of it and expand there possibilities.

-mario