On Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:47:58 AM UTC+2, Derivation Bud wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a big fan of block diagrams and TW5/HTML5 make it is easy to embed
> them as SVG tiddlers. :)
>
> Let's imagine main diagram contains blocks A and B. I'd really like to be
> able to *click on shape A and open the tiddler of A.svg*
>
> After all, this would be *non-linearity brought to graphics* :)
>
> I know about the <foreign> tag possibility, but it comes with some
> limitations:
> * It requires a complex  work flow, unfriendly to re-loops  ( textual
> edition of the SVG chunk to inject things not standard to SVG :
> <$links>,transclusion)
> * It only creates textual <a> tags ( further svg children are ignored )
>
> When editing SVG ( with inkscape for example ) , it is easy to :
> * set onclick attributes ( I am thinking  onclick=$tw.wiki.dispatch,... )
> * create a <a> tag arround shapes
>
> As far as I  can tell, both of these *features get filtered out* before
> the svg makes it to the DOM.
>
> Am I doing something wrong ?
> Is there a way around this ?
>
> Cheers
>
> There are different forms of svg - inline htm5 svg is compatible with
transclusion  using {{}} for instance (as long as the content being
transcluded make sense within svg) - widgets can be written for svg.
Probably the <$link> widget can be modified to take an 'svg' parameter. At
present you can insert standard 'xlink' links, try putting this into a
tiddler.

<svg width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 1000 300"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
<a xlink:href="#TiddlyWiki — a non-linear personal web notebook"
target="_parent"
  xlink:title="This is a link title in SVG!">
  <text x="20" y="30" font-size="20" >this is a link</text>
</a>

<a xlink:href="#anothertiddler" target="_parent"
  xlink:title="This is another link title in SVG!">
  <circle cx="300" cy="50" r="40" />
  <rect x="310" y="50" width="70" height="70" />
</a></svg>

cheers

BJ