On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:12:53 AM UTC-8, steve wrote:

> An Update:
>
> I tried a number of ways (see below) to display the images
> "screenshot.jpg" and "screenshot.tiff" in a tiddler. The files
> screenshot.jpg and screenshot.tiff are in the same directory as the html
> file. I'm using Firefox. The problem appears to be the .tiff format
>

> 2. The imageit macro does work with the screenshot.JPG image, but it opens
> the full image in a new tab.
> <<imageit "screenshot.jpg">>
>
> That was the intention ;-)

I guess what you want is to click on it and reveal it in the same place? I
think something like that could be done by using the reveal macro.

AFAIK, Safari is the only browser that even attempts to support tif format.
My guess is that it has only partial support and that is why the scaled
image just shows up as an outline. You might search if there is a plugin
for Safari that will allow scalable tifs.

The more universal solution would be to use a batch utility to convert your
tifs to jpegs.

And/or, use a batch utility to create your thumbs as tifs in a
sub-directory (e.g. "myimages/thumbs") and then have the macro reveal the
thumb until a button is clicked, whereupon it shows the full-size version.
The main thing is, as long as the images are tif format they're not going
to be viewed correctly on other browsers.

Mark