For a long time I've been mystified by the fact that I could never get
correct results when I experimented with what's described in
http://tiddlywiki.com/#FilterOperator%3A%20sameday
where it says
[sameday[20140410]] Returns a list of the tiddlers modified on the 10th
April 2014.

I am 8 hours behind UTC, and I assumed that had something to do with
things.  But sameday doesn't seem to look for the UTC date that I can see
in the modification field.
If I try sameday with today's date (November 15th, or 20141115), for
example, I get only tiddlers that were modified on the 14th (with a
modified field of, e.g., 20141114160205254).
On the other hand, if I give tomorrow's date (20141116), I do see today's
tiddlers (even though they have a modification date of, e.g.,
20141115152548000).

After lots of trial and error, I discovered that I can get the correct
results (I think!) if I append a number to the date that is equal to or
larger than the number of hours by which my time zone is behind UTC.
To get tiddlers I modified today (the 15th of November), I can use
[sameday[201411158]]
(this works even for tiddlers modified at night, when the date in the
modification field date has already changed to the next day).

Because I don't understand this, I am unfortunately not able to offer any
assistance with updating documentation, but I do think it's confusing and
I'm hoping that someone else might be able to insert some clarification
into the sameday documentation.

Thanks,
cmari