Hi Tobias

If I understand correctly, the goal is to write a macro that lists the
tiddlers that are tagged by a specified tiddler, and you'd like the ability
to specify the the target tiddler, or leave it unspecified and default to
the current tiddler.

The obvious way to accomplish it doesn't in fact work:

\define tagging(title:<<currentTiddler>>)
<$list filter="[[$title$]tagging[]]"/>
\end

The reason is that it is not possible to transclude a default macro
parameter value; the default value has to be specified as a string.

I think it would be possible to extend the macro syntax to allow
transcluded default values, but it's not something I've been planning. The
approach the core uses in situations like this would be to have two macros:

\define tagging(title)
<$tiddler tiddler="""title""">
<<tagging-current>>
</$tiddler>
\end

\define tagging-current()
<$list filter="[all[current]tagging[]]"/>
\end

Then one could call <<tagging-current>> or <<tagging "HelloThere">>.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM, Tobias Beer <beertob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I thought about this. ... but the tiddler where you don't have a
>> parameter is the tag.
>>
> You can use <<list-links filter:"[all[current]tagging[]]">>
>>

> Of course, that is possible and using the list widget or a transclusion
> template too, but that was not the purpose of the exercise.  ^_^
>
> Best wishes, Tobias.
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com