Hey Birthe, thanks for the fast answer.
Yes I set the journal format in the control panel and I am pretty sure that
the timing part matters as this is the major difference.
So I think the timing part is the reason why the functionality breaks.
I would strongly guess that every unusual single sign - even a underline -
could break the function if the title is been parsed.
This limits the customizability of the date format a lot if it should work
together with the calendar.
So my secondary question was why the date-created field is not used for
this - even if it's only a fallback option if the date format for the title
is not been recognized?
Then you would be totally free with your date format of the title.