I have been learning javascript so I have been putting comments in the code
to remind myself what is going on, but I will make a separate tiddler for
that. I do need to learn javascript best practices for this sort of thing.

The rest of the plugin should probably get a lot of work before it sees
much use, I realized that everything aside from the action-storecount
widget has the same problem as the link-fields widget I made where the
functions for most of them are triggered by rendering, so I need to make
them action widgets and find out how to make a daemon that works in the
background to get the continuously updating functionality.

On that subject, do you know of anywhere I could look to find examples of
how to make a background process like that? I am assuming the best way to
do it would be to have a continuously running process that periodically
polls the input fields and triggers an update whenever they change.