> Hi Rich,
>

>> I would think one of the first steps would be to download all the TW
>> Google Group Data(and Dev Data), Parse It, and Inject it into a TW5.
>> Anyone have any clues on how to even start to do something like this?
>>

> Do you have any idea how much content that is?

Actually I don't know the data set size as I could not find any buttons to
download all posts.
If I had I am sure I would have choked on my drink when I saw it.
That was also part of the reason I brought this up is 'How' do we get the
data?
I did some preliminary research and found this page from Google
<https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/groups-settings/downloads>, not
sure if that helps though.

In regards to the size of the content,
In Classic TW you could create several broken up TW and bring them together
in one.
So I guess that is another question at what point is a TW dataset too big
for a single HTML file and can TW5 do that same Classic Trick of creating
many small TW5's that feed a main TW5?
I know with TW on Node.js and TiddlyWeb the data set will be more of a
server issue than a file limitation / browser issue.

> If anything, it would have to be imported rather than "injected" into a
> node.js or tiddlyweb server instance.
>
> Seeing as there is no server-side search module for node.js,
> however for a not optimally connected tiddlyweb there is,
> I really don't see why we would we even bother doing that right now.
> What's the point?

The point is getting ready and working on what we can so we are prepared
when we have something 'federated'.
It also helps get things started for federated TW by looking at a problem
that would directly use it.
Or better said as a question, How do we deal with Nested Multiperson
discussions?
Take away the federation for a second, I am talking about simply inside a
TW5, how would you show a forum post?
Is there a better way to handle 'threaded' material than what we already
have the ability to do?

You brought up a point I was unaware of that there is no server side
node.js search, then how do you search with node.js TW then?

> Ideally we could start our own TW5 "forum thing" in the future with all
>> the data from the past and a method to show only TW5 or ust TWC data.
>>

> I don't know. You did notice that TiddlyWiki (currently) is not a
> multi-user environment.
> So, first think about how you get there, then you can start thinking
> about, perhaps, and only perhaps, importing mountains over mountains of old
> stuff... for whatever reason.

Your point is very valid so lets inverse this and make it like all things
TW just a single Tiddler.
All our posts are Tiddlers technically.
Do TW5 Tiddlers currently have enough details to allow it to be used as a
Single Forum Post?
Can you tell from the Tiddler all the details you can tell from a simple
'Hello' post on the google groups here?
What is missing, what is incomplete, what could be easier or better?

Here is an exercise and what got me to start thinking about this issue in
the first place.
Take one small thread(3 - 5 posts) how can we work with that single issue
data set inside TW5?

This post was and is to explore exactly where our issues are besides
'federation' and to start plugging the gaps we can.
I saw the gaps with
1. Getting the data and figuring out how to work with it.
1a. There might be some magic plug in that would allow us to view google
group data inside TW for all I know.
2. How to view and work with this data inside TW5.

Thanks Tobias and Astrid for taking the time to discuss this and for all
your help as well.

Rich Shumaker