Hi Mat,

> there are simply different ways of thinking

And people have different requirements as to what they want to be able to
extract from a wiki.

> Now, how should I tag this tiddler?

A key decision is whether you want people other than yourself to be able to
find the tiddler. There's a world of difference between searching for a
particular tiddler you know exists (because you put it there) and searching
to see *whether* any relevant tiddlers exist. Preparing a wiki to support
the latter is like writing an index. I really like Douglas Hofstadter's
comment at the start of the index to his book *Le Ton beau de Marot*:
"Doing an index is a lesson to end all lessons in the vagueness and
subjectivity of human categories."

> For this reason it is desirable to be able to hide tags from view mode(!)
on command.

Yes. But the techniques to support this already exist. Tags can be
classified in various ways (at least three have been suggested), and the
view template can then filter based on that classification – and a simple
UI can allow the user to change the filter as desired.

– æ