I couldn't get this code to work with a local file. Does it only work with
http ?

For organizing daily tasks stored in plain text, emacs org-mode has loads
of functionality and a wide user base.

Is there a good meta-app for task management in TW5? OM will let you
quickly see a calendar for today, change dates, priorities, tags, statuses,
and edit tasks.

Mark