You guys must have some industrial strength stickies if they're able to
stick to attic rafters. My experience with stickies is that they always end
up on the ground somewhere, especially if the sticking surface isn't
perfectly smooth.

If you bound several pages of cardboard stock together, then you could have
a portable hardware tiddlywiki. In this case, each page would represent a
tag and you could organize your stickies (tiddlers) by primary tag. Maybe
have a grid one the bottom where you could put colored dots to indicate
other tags.

In all computer systems that I know of, including the brain, there's a
portion of memory for manipulating information (current events) and another
for long-term storage. The portable wiki could be the equivalent short-term
memory for note-taking and scheduling. Notes would be moved into the
tiddlywiki as they aged out.

Mark