Hi everyone,

I worked VERY HARD on the MagicTabs plugin over the last two weeks: fixing
bugs, cleaning code and improving the code, with special attention to
customization.

Until now, customizing the plugin (creating new types and tabs) was a pain
in the neck. Now I think (I hope) it is MUCH easier and intuitive. You are
guided step by step to create new types+templates and new tabs, and many
processes are automated.

Other features include:
* Silent tiddlers creation.
* No more need to create ad-hoc forms and buttons for custom types and tabs.
* No more need to create ad-hoc lists in the dashboard.
* Too many things to remember.

Now, it is *very important to associate a template with each type* for
automated creation of new tiddlers with that type.

The downside of improvements is incompatibilities. Macros and fields have
changed their names (most with prefixes like "mt-"). If you didn't create
custom types and tabs, then it shouldn't affect you. If you did, then I
think the best way to best way to go is to create new types and tabs using
the dashboard managers and copy/pasting your stuff in the relevant new
fields. But remember that this is beta software and that future versions
might be incompatible with this one. Use it for testing purposes only.

For those interested in testing it, I would like to know your opinion about
the customization process: it is easier now, is it intuitive, is there any
point where you get stuck, any bug?

The reading extra (successor of TW for Scholars) is not available now with
this new version of MagicTabs because it uses very different and complex
mechanisms to create custom publications' titles, quotes' titles, etc. It
could be adapted without too much modifications, but I prefer to rewrite it
entirely for good, and it might take some time.

Best wishes,

Alberto