On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 2:10:35 PM UTC-7, Rustem wrote:

> How does everybody deal with reordering tiddlers within the story? Close
> and reopen in the right sequence? I've been doind that for a while, then I
> started editing the list field in $:/StoryList, then I got the idea (from
> FastNewTiddler discussion) to add the edit control to $:/StoryList.
>
> <$edit field="list" class="tc-edit-texteditor"/>
>
> All is well, but the tiddler text gets initialized back to empty on
> restart. (Running on nodejs).
>
> @Jeremy, would it be possible to leave the body of $:/StoryList untouched
> on startup?

The $:/StoryList tiddler is saved with the rest of the changes, so it is
still present at startup.  However, the startup handling uses
$:/DefaultTiddlers to define which tiddlers are initially displayed.  As a
result, when the $:/DefaultTiddlers are shown the previous contents of
$:/StoryList are overwritten.

To bypass this, simply change the $:/DefaultTiddlers definition to:
[list[$:/StoryList]]
This will cause the startup handling to re-display the existing StoryList.
 Q.E.D

Note: this technique is documented here:
   http://tiddlywiki.com/#Preserving%20open%20tiddlers%20at%20startup

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

YOUR DONATIONS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d2d349dd-b788-4d00-9db9-f709c3e71d09%40googlegroups.com.