TJ,

The relative age part of that would be the difficult thing, I have some
javascript macros that find time differences but I haven't had the time to
really put them to use yet. They are here
<http://inmysocks.tiddlyspot.com/#Date%20Macro%20Demos> if you want to try
them out or improve them. There are bugs so be aware of that.

You can do a sort of brute force formatting by using list or reveal
widgets. To use a list you would use filters like
'[is[current]modified[somedate]limit[1]]', there are some cases where even
with the new tag parameter for the reveal widgets the list widget works
better.

<$list filter="[tag[future-plan]sort[modified]]">
<$reveal type=match state='!!modified' text=somedate>
@@.firstclass <tr><td><$link to={{!!title}}><$view field="title"/></$link>
format="date" template="DD mmm YYYY at 0hh:0mm"/></td></tr>@@
</$reveal>
<$reveal type=match state='!!modified' text=someotherdate>
@@.secondclass <tr><td><$link to={{!!title}}><$view field="title"/></$link>
format="date" template="DD mmm YYYY at 0hh:0mm"/></td></tr>@@
</$reveal>
</$list>

and add more reveal widgets inside the first one to add more dates. This
probably isn't useful as it is, but if you modify the day-diff macro or
make a week-diff macro than you could do use the number of days or weeks
that have gone by with the reveal widget to define different colors. The
way they are written now you would probably have to rewrite the entire
macro, but hopefully the ones I have are enough of a start. Automating what
you want to do is possible with a bit of effort.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f703fb86-424a-41d0-a60e-b8270eb9bc11%40googlegroups.com.