It's a very  attractive layout, and I'll probably use it for my default on
my tablet.  It does seem to help with speed at the start of a new tiddler.
But then it slows down again as the working tiddler fills up. It might be
that people who are not touch typists would not notice.

Not necessarily show stoppers, but other comments ...

On my 8" screen, the right edge of the floating menus doesn't cover the
whole screen. Touching out beyond the edge of the screen takes you to the
underlying tiddler, and you have to use the menu to navigate back. It might
help if the edge of the floating menu had a visible border.

Maybe this is by design, but in full screen mode the tiddlers become
unscrollable, locking you in place. I like the look of the full screen
mode, but really need to navigate. In particular, if you try to fill in a
form while in full screen mode, you will have to type blind in any field
below the top of the software keyboard.

Thanks!
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/eed2b0c1-1f85-4799-ace2-c88a05e3a897%40googlegroups.com.