Hi All,

As part of my work with Ed Dixon's Team-Tiddly I am working on building a
TW front-end to the Khan-academy resources. Our goal is to demonstrate how
TW can be used to package educational materials for offline study with
periodic online syncing (Danielo's recent work with couchdb is of
particular interest in this regard). Eventually we want to get it talking
directly to next-gen learning management systems using the xAPI.

As a start, I was able to ingest the meta-data for all of the KA videos and
package it into a TW. viz;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83055414/KhanAcademy.html

There are ~6,500 videos in this file and the idea is that teachers will be
able to select the videos they want, along with exercises etc. and package
them into a deliverable for their students. Each video will then have
attached tiddlers for taking notes - handwritten and/or typed,
exercsises/quizzes and eventually functionality for communicating with the
teacher and other students. For example, we imagine that students will be
able to send questions to the teacher, time-stamped with the place in a
video that the question relates to and that students will be able to send
notes about the content to each other and so build a community
knowledge-base around the material.

Ed works with a company called Learning Equality who currently maintain a
product called KA-Lite (https://learningequality.org/ka-lite/) which
creates a local server and pulls content down to it from the Khan servers
(meaning overall lower bandwidth requirements for continued use of the
materials) and eventually I would like to look at integrating with their
solution too.

If we make something as useful as I suspect we can then I intend to show it
to the folks at Khan Academy - hopefully this will be a good way to
demonstrate the awesome capabilities of TiddlyWiki and get more people
using it.

If you'd like to know more or want to help in any way, drop me a line.

Regards,
Richard

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/db7aeb99-9b0b-46dc-a596-604766151ad8%40googlegroups.com.