Yes, it's just an idea, one born out of navigating the links around
filters. I found it very confusing to navigate through the tags and links.

Just as there is a "sweet spot" for complexity of options where tiddlers
open, there is a similar balance to be struck between non-linearity and
hierarchy, and the amount of text, number and nature of the links from each
tiddler.

In the documentation I feel that there is a vast variety of navigational
options which are not matched by navigational behaviours. TW is
non-hierachical, but I think some way of conforming to the conceptual
metaphor "above is higher in a hierarchy" would be desirable.

I think that testing something like this would be the only way to evaluate
the benefits.

The behaviour of the links in the recently shared Digital Textbook link [1]
is interesting. The "in-paragraph" links are opened below that paragraph,
not at the top or bottom of the text, and there is a down arrow to indicate
where the link is opened, see screenshot

[image: Inline images 1]

Tagging  text is all about hierarchy, its different from tagging with
system tags: there is meaning for the reader naviagting the text.

Alex

[1]
http://www.infogridpacific.com/blog/igp-blog-20150529-what-is-a-digital-textbook-2015.html#comment-2081102978

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CALc1hYdDPvuArzp__xEJSUp6aT4vB8oq%2BUXHkMJmQ1VMXsCDHg%40mail.gmail.com.