Hi Oliver

There are a few areas that still need development work before TiddlyWiki in
the client-server configuration under Node.js is robust for multi-user
scenarios.

The problem you've highlighted is that changes from one user are not
automatically pumped out to other connected users; they'll see the changes
when they reload the site, but they won't get any notification that
something has changed in the meantime. I favour using Server Sent Events
for the server to notify clients in real-time of changes.

Another problem is that some state data will be shared between all users;
for example, the current sidebar tab selection. This problem is actually
ameliorated by the first problem: it would be much worse if state changes
were automatically propagated to connected users.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:41 AM, rooster91an <m...@oliverhahn.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I've got a question about using tiddlywiki with multiple users. There are
> many articles in the tiddliwiki group pertaining to this subject. But the
> more I read, the more I was stumped. So I hope you tiddlywiki professionals
> are not too much bothered with my further attempt.
>
> The idea is to run a tiddlywiki for a three person team, preferably served
> by node.js. Let's assume these three people open the wiki in their
> browsers, they look up and, from time to time, update information. My basic
> subject is how to avoid editing conflicts and overwrites.
>
> In some articles was said, node.js-based tiddlywikis can manage this
> problem. In my basic setup, following the instructions on tiddlywiki.com
> the content can be overwritten by different clients.
>
> How can I get this working? A simple warning like 'refesh your browser'
> would do it. Thank you very much.
>
> Regards
>
> Oliver Hahn
>

> --