On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 9:53:05 AM UTC-8, Tobias Beer wrote:

> Hi Nuryana,
> I would recommend you use the same DateFormat
> <http://tiddlywiki.com/#DateFormat>
> as TiddlyWiki itself does for the modified and created fields, e.g.:
> *YYYY0MM0DD0hh0mm0ss* => 20151217181532 or just 20151217
> This will allow you to properly use the ViewWidget
> <http://tiddlywiki.com/#ViewWidget> to output those dates with any date
> formating you desire.
>
> As for your list, you simply use a.... ListWidget
> <http://tiddlywiki.com/#ListWidget> (or list transclusion
> <http://tiddlywiki.com/#Transclusion%20in%20WikiText> as below) alongside
> a template, e.g.:

The problem is how to *sort* the list by *two different fields* ("due" and
"scheduled"), so that both Task and Event tiddlers are shown in the same
date-ordered list.

What is needed is a way to specify several fields to sort by... something
like "[sort[due | schedule]]" which would sort using the "due" field if it
exists, OR the "schedule" field (if no 'due' field is present).  This
syntax could also be extended further to allow multi-level ("AND") sorts
using something like "[sort[A & B]] where all items are first sorted by
"A", and then within each value of "A", items are sorted by the value of
"B".

Of course, there could be some complexity if mixing of the syntax is
permitted.  For example:  "[sort[A | B & C]]" would mean "sort by A (if
present) or sort by B, then C if A is not present".  I'm not sure it's
necessary to take it to this level, but it could be done.

thoughts?

-e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/71cc1867-8a23-4e06-ba92-c9e0fb69a40e%40googlegroups.com.