I was wondering about the order in which those kinds of things are run.
For example, are widgets evaluated before or after macro calls?  I'm trying
to figure this out so I know what I can use where and in what order
TiddlyWiki will evaluate them.
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 2:42 AM, Tobias Beer <beertob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>

>> Out of curiosity, in what order are macros, text references, widgets, etc
>> used?
>>

> How do you mean "used"? Used where?
>
> One thing's for sure, you *cannot* have a widget be an attribute to a
> widget.
> So, you can have macros be an attribute to a widget,
> but you *cannot* have a macrocall widget be an attribute to another widget
> and thus dynamically evaluate macro parameters via other variables or
> text-references
> unless your macro actually parses those themselves, e.g.
>
> \define macro:(macro,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) <<$macro$ """$1$""" """$2$"""
> """$3$""" """$4$""" """$5$""" """$6$""" """$7$""" """$8$""" """$9$"""
> """$10$""">>
> \define text:(reference) {{$reference$}}
>
> <<macro: version>>
>
> <<macro: now YYYY0MM0YY>>
>
> <<text: {[tag[HelloThere]]}>>
>
> <<text: HelloThere>>
>
> Macros really are text-substitution patterns,
> the wikification is handled elsewhere
>
>    - by some widget(s) it creates
>    - or by the widget where a macro is used as an attribute
>
> Also, Javascript or Wikitext macros have different refresh behavior hinted
> at:
>
>    - here
>    <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/1379#issuecomment-159906299>
>    - and considered here: setvars-Refresh