On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 9:11:21 AM UTC-8, Scott Simmons (Secret-HQ)
wrote:

> On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 1:25:50 AM UTC-5, Eric Shulman wrote:
>
> Have you tried:
>> \define trans() {{||$(x)$}}
>> <$list filter="[my[filter]]" variable="x"><<trans>></$list>
>> * using variable="x" prevents the $list widget from changing the current
>> tiddler context.
>> * the trans() macro assembles the transclusion syntax using the current
>> value of "x"
>>

> I had hoped to avoid macros altogether (one less thing to remember about
> an exceptional case if I transclude newhere buttons from time to time in
> the future) — but that's a dead-brilliant workaround.  I *had* considered
> using Tobias's <$setvars> to build newhere buttons on the fly in a macro,
> but your answer is *so much* more elegant.
>

>> Note: I thought that the <$transclude> widget had params for both
>> tiddler="..." and template="...", so that template transclusion using
>> variable params could be done without needing a macro to assemble the
>> {{tiddler||template}} syntax... but it doesn't seem to be the case.
>>

> There doesn't seem to be a "template" parameter — although it seems to
> have been proposed a few times, given the number of times it crops up in
> the archives of this Group.
>
> According to TiddlyWiki.com
> <http://tiddlywiki.com/#Transclusion%20in%20WikiText> (and the thread here
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/tiddlywiki/template$20transclusion/tiddlywiki/MdpJrIn3P1U/V-ljx6sW7GUJ>),
>
> I'd expect you to be able to use:
>
> <$tiddler tiddler=<<currentTiddler>> ><$transclude tiddler="MyButton"
> /></$tiddler>
> ... as the long-form version of {{||MyButton}}.

That works if you write it into a tiddler on its own, so perhaps there's
> something about <$list> widget that throws a spanner into <$tiddler>?

<$tiddler tiddler=<<currentTiddler>>> basically does nothing, since
<<currentTiddler>> IS the current tiddler, the widget is setting the
tiddler value to the *same* name and the behavior of the inner content (the
$transclude) is not affected and still just performs a "simple"
transclusion, rather than the template transclusion" that you want.

-e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/853bb2d6-e425-4486-9433-530c6b1475a1%40googlegroups.com.