Hi Dave

There are a couple of alternatives to the use of the Zoomin theme which
don't leave a list of open (but hidden) tiddlers in the main story river.

Some time ago, I came up with the idea of saving stories to a data index,
then recalling the saved story back into the story river. This permits
saving and then restoring an entire story at the click of a button (rather
than popping one tiddler at a time.) This technique is used on this wiki
<http://gwiz.tiddlyspot.com/> -- in the 'Stories' sidebar tab. It's very
easy to use:
-- opens the tiddlers as you wish them to appear in the main story river
-- hit the save story button (saves the list of tiddlers into a data index)
-- select a saved story to restore that story back to the main story river

Another technique revolves around the use of the cycle[] operator to create
a slideshow. I have used this technique in this wiki
<http://listops.tiddlyspot.com/> to rotate a list of tiddlers from a list
through a substory river.

If you like either of these options, I can help you through how they may be
set up.

regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/00250eaa-6eb4-48fb-b2c9-75635d88c42a%40googlegroups.com.