[!has[draft.of]tag[task]!tag[done]sort[created]]

This means

!has = doesn't have (exclamation mades the filter step the opposite of what
it would be otherwise

draft.of = draft tiddlers, those which have not been saved are drafts.

So the first bit is "doesn't have draft" or isn't a draft

tag [task] = has the tag "task"

!tag[done] = doesn't have the tag "done"

sort [created] = sort the results in the order they were created.

The filter is like a sentence.

Filter out the following tiddlers from all the tiddlers in the TiddlyWiki:
dont include those which are drafts, do include those tagged as "task" but
don't include those which are tasks which are done, then sort them, in the
order in which they were created

-----

There are filters;
1. has
2. tag
3. sort

and they can be negated by the prefix "!"

Filters have operands, these are a value that tells the filter what to do.

-----

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CALc1hYe2OmchCjBO6kCXv2AqktHAzSyZuAgCDwjQSqjN6m_ofg%40mail.gmail.com.