Hi Jed,

I've tried this in all sorts of iterations. I was hoping that wrapping a
macro in a macro could finally force it to acknowledge the actual text in
the dereferenced name tiddler.

Your variation put this into the "converted" tiddler:

*{{TitleIUsedInTheForm}}*

So the literal string with brackets is getting passed rather than the
transcluded text. It seems like it ought to be easy.

Thanks for trying,
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3040d72e-d178-4ee7-8ed7-216b7dddd555%40googlegroups.com.