Hello all,

I'm a long time tiddlywiki user, and I've never had an issue before.

Today however I made a copy of the 'empty.html' tiddlywiki to start a new
notebook.

I changed the name, opened the file, and accepted the 'enable tiddlysaver
addon (I'm using firefox).

I happily started modifying my page. but when I went to save the file I got
this error message

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015
(NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFileOutputStream.init]"  nsresult:
"0x80520015
(NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://tiddlyfox/content/overlay.js :: TiddlyFox.saveFile :: line 98"
 data: no]
Enter code here...

I at first thought that maybee there had been a update, but on the
tiddlyfox page the version I have installed is 1alpha18.1 has not been
updated since 2013.

I tried my other tiddlywiki files, and I have the same problem?

I have recently put some of my files into gitlab.com for a project I am
working on, but why would this have affected the empty.html TW file that is
in another directory entirely ?

A quick search for the above error message on google, brough up a thread
here on the TW group that had mention of 'unusual greek characters' ~ but
there is nothing odd regarding the file pathname, and it used to work on
the other files that I have.

Anything I can do to troubleshoot ?

Install :
Debian jessy
Iceweasel (the free firefox).

TW : how do i get the version info (as far as I know it is the most recent
one ?
Tiddly fox . 1alpha18.1

I haven't yet tried any older version.
The error message does say at the end data no, but I have tried to add in a
new tiddler, all to no effect. do i have to 'download' the file each time I
want to save it ?

thanks in advance...

David

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8fdd107e-356b-46b7-9921-68dc130bc0ce%40googlegroups.com.