Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

> One little hint: In your readme you wrote port 8080 in the command and in the
> next sentence it is port 8888.

This is actually on purpose – port 8080 is the TiddlyWiki server and 8888 is
the twproxy URL. The example is a little ambiguous so I just updated the readme
<https://github.com/stevenleeg/twproxy/commit/c0924cdd63e84c5a3972061f8f744205856db94e>
 to add some clarification. Thanks for the tip!

> Given your experience with Vimwiki, I would loooove to hear much more in
> which ways you feel Vimwiki and TW differ and what Vimwiki is better at/for
> so TW can be improved even more. Why did you switch to TW, or maybe you use
> both?

I switched over out of frustration with my lack of use of Vimwiki. Since I
could only access it in one place (on my computer within vim) it was largely
hidden away from my everday life, making it an easy thing to forget about.
TiddlyWiki, on the other hand, is browser-based (thanks for the clarification!)
which lets me shove my wiki into my own face as often as possible (by setting
it as my homepage and adding bookmarks on the desktop/mobile browsers I use
every day). This forces me to have it on my mind and keep writing in it.

There are also a ton of niceties that an HTML-based wiki can provide over a
terminal/plaintext, namely images, proper formatting, easier linking, etc. I
really like these in day to day use.

One minor frustration I’ve found with TiddlyWiki is the way it handles images.
If I want to attach an image to a post I need to upload it to the wiki which
makes it automatically load each and every time I bring up my wiki. I could be
wrong, but I’m assuming this doesn’t scale well as you add more and more images
to your wiki (as the filesize would become enormous and be super slow to load,
especially on mobile).

I’m thinking about making my next project be a really simple self-hosted image
uploading site that lets you drag in an image and spits out a WikiText
formatted image tag for use in the wiki. This fixes the scaling problem by
keeping large files (images) external. Maybe some others would find this useful
as well :).

Anyways, thanks again for the warm welcome, I’m very excited to be a part of
the TiddlyWiki community and hope I can make some useful tools for others as I
evolve my own wiki.

Happy wiki-ing, everyone!
- Steve

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/C14A2F60-7462-4CB8-B31A-367DC1F2B4D0%40stevegattuso.me.