On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 2:44:53 PM UTC-4, Hegart Dmishiv wrote:

> Professor Schneider at *{{DesignWrite}}* has recently shared a link to this
> blog post <https://ctrlq.org/code/20004-google-spreadsheets-json>, which
> suggests it is possible to access the information in a Google Sheet as a
> JSON file, by using jQuery. This looks very promising for my semester
> project, but I have no idea how to implement it, as I am a total n00b at
> Javascript.

Using JSON in TiddlyWiki is quite simple. There is a utility function for
doing just that. $tw.utils.httpRequest I even have an example on how to
turn it into a Promise
<https://gist.github.com/sukima/14f21e70fd2564b32f4086f8bcc20456> (for
modern browsers).

However, the output of the google sheets seems ill equipped for a simple
data import. Seems you would be better off exporting to a saner format like
CSV and import that file. The JSON from google sheets would be more useful
for say a plugin or widget that depends on the live network connection to
display parsed results.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/518f29ae-b14b-4ac3-96e7-2f01de73c754%40googlegroups.com.