If your "finished" tiddlers were created on the same date they were
finished, then sorting by "created" instead of "finished" should accomplish
what you want. The "finished" field then becomes a link/descriptor field.

For those tiddlers that you did not create on the actual finish date, you
can go and tweak the "created" date so that they are in sync. The created
date can be revealed by changing the contents of the shadow tiddler

$:/config/EditTemplateFields/Visibility/created

Please specify if there is something wrong with this approach, since it
seems like it should match up closely to what you want. Of course, if you
made all those tiddlers on days different from their date stamp, then that
won't work.

Good Luck,
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8265a869-23d7-48f4-ac50-253e7ded02a6%40googlegroups.com.