This seems like an interesting idea, but I think that it is way too
cluttered to be useful. I really like it as a conceptual demo or an art
project though. Maybe if we try rotation or zooming to give a visual
metaphor for the space, since I think he has something like 27 dimensions
there (Art, Interface, Science, etc. and then project, wikipedia, etc. and
the time line on top of that). I think a better presentation would be
projecting only the subspace defined by the filters onto two dimensions
instead of always projecting the entire space but only showing the points
that fit the filters.

The zoom lens thing is very visually confusing for me but I think that with
a bit of tweaking it could be an interesting way of displaying
relationships between different data sources.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/fe579189-0666-4b2e-bffc-562ee78efca7%40googlegroups.com.