Hi Mark

In the release of the twEbook I have disabled the ability for readers to
add, edit or save content using the tiddlywiki platform.

Please note that I expect in excess of 95% of readers to be interacting
with the twEbook on mobile devices ( phone & tablets ). That means access
to cloud services within the eBook ( NOT so common ...... yet!! )

Tiddlywiki is perfectly suited to embeds, online interaction etc - how many
tiddlywikis have you created with <iframes>, <a & <h ref's for live maps,
site links, audio, video?

Why should content on eBooks be thought of - and delivered - as a book does
.... ie just with TEXT and a colourful cover and some included images?

That's like handing a child two tin cans connected with string - instead of
the iPhone
in your pocket.

So, I am embedding a facility to handle uploading of content that can
include :

• text | notes | ideas | comments | journaling | etc
• images from their device ( or from online links to sites / or from iCloud
links I provide )
• audio ( similarly )
• video ( similarly )

I guess my perspectives include :

•WHY overtax the TW format with additional complexity and bulk - when
online connection can make it lighter, cleaner and provide far more options?

• WHY NOT make eBooks FAR more vibrant and engaging?

•WHY NOT allow the reader (participant) to add / curate / journal within
the eBook using THEIR favourite platform ( medium, evernote, writebox etc )
by a simple upgrade of embedding ?

A project underway illustrates this. 5 years ago, with some of my (
paramedic ) trainers, I developed a dynamic live 'SHOW' :
" 11 DAYS : Survival Skills for Schoolies"
in order to recreate/ present the 11 primary dangers facing school leavers
attending Schoolies week locations ( incl drug and alcohol abuse - their
direct and indirect consequences - overdose, poisoning, driving fatalities,
drowning (beach parties), crushing (music events), sexually transmitted
diseases, glassing ( in pubs, nightclubs etc), assault, sexual predators
etc.

Graphic, powerful stuff re-enacted with real situations on stage, with live
and recreated footage and audio, student onstage enact enactments ( eg nite
club 18yo overdose and paramedic attendance all the graphic evils needed to
be seen) plus PAR (proactive, active & reactive) options and solutions for
survival ... Up to 4000 in audience at any event (with medical and chaplain
support each time)

We're now Beyond Scoolies - as those holiday binge-feats are fast
diminishing, yet the threats are there , more underground now and added to
with bullying, identity theft, new drug risks, etc

Time for a book that

- interviews operational people talking about real situations, paramedics,
police, counsellors, undercover agents, firemen, other emergency services,
parents, survivors, victims ( audio mainly )
- allows notes and concepts to be recorded
- polls conducted ( eg using APESTER )
- visually communicates in ways that text is too limited in
- etc

This book is half way into a 4 month work up.

Not because we just CAN - but because it is all so POTENT by comparison
with the alternatives - we WILL be using text, images, audio, video and
LIVE UPDATES directly into the book via updated cloud-based content
management,

What eBooks use that ?
V2 or new editions to update are old-school
And downloading AGAIN to update should be a redundant process for users.

Yes. That sounds like a website, doesn't it.
Except that website are big clunky buggers to download and redeliver within
an iPhone.

However

One single HTML file isn't.

This is just a snippet of what I want to proceed with and am looking into
setting up a new team to help action much of this and more.

A TW eBook that works as a website, an online and offline DYNAMIC eBook.

There are great educational and commercial applications for this and will
be seeking mutually beneficial support soon with TW community. Am already
involved with several NFP's to provide better communication dispersion ...
Rural Communities to provide better marketing options ( LIVE, interactive,
venue updatable Directories that will empower SME's and attract and engage
their market.)

Enough for now - was working up this email as one comm to many respondents-
so have expanded this somewhat ......

Please

If ySou wish to dig deeper, want to open up new possibilities, have a
yearning to get something important taken live ....

Keep in touch

John Newell
Skype - johnrnewell
telegram app - GodOfThunder
Email mobile : bluemi...@me.com (pref!)
Mobile - +61 419992172

PO Box 484
Healesville Victoria
AUSTRALIA 3777

On Saturday, 18 June 2016, 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki <
tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> As an eBook, if you take away the ability to save, you also take away the
> ability to have annotations. Probably worth thinking about annotations and
> bookmarks in future ebooks. An annotated ebook could be passed among
> friends who could add their thoughts.
>
> Mark
>
> On Monday, December 30, 2013 at 9:02:12 AM UTC-8, NODEGAMRA wrote:
>>
>> Hi to all...
>> I am loving TW5, I am a new user and I would like for some one to point
>> me in the right direction.
>>
>> I am a board gamer and I am putting together a FAQs for some of the games
>> I play.
>> Mi goal is to be able to distribute the FAQs to the gaming community as a
>> read only file, for offline viewing.
>> Nothing fancy the default snow white theme works great, I want to keep it
>> simple and lightweight.
>>
>> I have my first FAQ ready to go, but...
>> I would like to hide or remove access to the inner workings of TW5.
>> I would also like to hide of remove the sidebar, toolbar and the save,
>> edit and control panel functions.
>>
>> Any help, info or links you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.
>> Thank you.
>>
>> --
> tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','tiddlywiki%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com');>