I did make a photo gallery at one point, but I am not sure I ever packaged
it as a plugin by itself. You can see it here
<http://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/PetDiary/#%24%3A%2Feditions%2Finmysocks%2FPetDiary%2FPhoto%20Gallery>.

Adding some ability to add notes to images is a good idea. Adding a caption
like the ones in my other gallery here
<http://ooktech.com/jed/externalbrain/#Javert%20packing> wouldn't be
difficult. Would you want something where you put in a caption and then
don't edit it again or a text area where you could always edit it when you
can see it or something in between?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/74f09ba7-91c5-4147-849f-c1e4d3e90abe%40googlegroups.com.