Ahh. So the question is concerning filters and tying the check boxes to
fields.

This bit of code creates a checkbox which sets two fields, status and
datecompleted, of the selected task tiddlers. I used an invisible button
because I wanted to change two fields. If I only wanted to change one
field, I could have used the same code you used.

   <$button class="tc-btn-invisible" set="!!status" setTo="Done">
      <$action-setfield datecompleted=<<now "MM/DD/YY">>/>
      <input type="checkbox">
   </$button>

Using a filter that looks something like this as part of your list:

<$list filter=[tag[task]has[modified]sort[title]field:status[Done]]>
<$link to={{!!title}}><$view field="title"/></$link>
</$list>

will give you a sorted list of the tiddlers which have the tag "task" and
the field "status" with the value "Done".

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/313757bc-df2c-4496-aa7a-5735643cedbd%40googlegroups.com.